Good nutrition is important for cancer patients. Eating the right kinds of foods can help patients feel better and stay stronger. On this episode, Alicia and Lizette from The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) speak with nutrition educator, Margaret N. Martin, RD MS LDN CDE, about dietary information to keep in mind before, during and after active treatment. Cancer and cancer treatments can affect taste, smell, appetite and the ability to eat or absorb the nutrients from food. Margaret shares nutritional information to keep in mind during a person’s cancer journey.
You will also learn how The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s free one-on-one nutrition consultation can assist in providing patients with ways to maintain a healthy diet.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Click here to request a free one-on-one nutrition consultation.
- Click here for free support booklets, including our ‘Dental and Oral Complications of Cancer Treatment’ fact sheet.
- LLS Pinterest
- Visit www.LLS.org/support for support resources.
Additional LLS Support Resources:
- Information Specialists
- Free telephone/web patient programs
- Free booklets
- Financial support
- Online chats
- Caregiver support
- LLS Community
- Support groups
- Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Program
Please comment below as we’d love to hear your feedback on this episode. Also, be sure to subscribe today to be notified of our next episode.