After crossing the finish line at the Madrid Marathon, Ethan Hawes felt a shooting pain in his hip. Assuming it was a result of the race, being diagnosed with multiple myeloma at the age of 22 years old was the furthest thing from his mind. Listen in as Alicia and Lizette from The Leukemia & Lymphoma (LLS) speak with Ethan about his journey and how being called ‘a trailblazer’ having been diagnosed with a disease that usually presents in people over 50 years old, would change his outlook on life and shift his career goals
Mentioned in this episode:
- Visit more information on myeloma, www.LLS.org/myeloma.
- Click here for free publications about myeloma.
- Visit www.LLS.org/support, for support resources.
- For more information on LLS Community, visit www.LLS.org/community.
- Click here to visit Ethan’s blog on CaringBridge.org.
Additional LLS Support Resources:
- Information Specialists
- Free telephone/web patient programs
- Free booklets
- Financial support
- Online chats
- Caregiver support
- LLS Community
- Support groups
- Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Program
Please comment below as we’d love to hear your feedback on this episode. Also, be sure to subscribe today to be notified of our next episode.
Support for this episode provided by Amgen.