Nourishing your body after a cancer diagnosis can seem like an impossible task when your mind is focused on survival. Join us as we talk to chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) patient, Jonathan Daige, and Registered Dietitian, Jennifer Redlich, about healthy eating and the benefits of a balanced diet.
In this episode, Jonathan, a three-time cancer survivor, shares his journey of nutrition and exercise through his cancer treatments. Jennifer gives tips on putting together balanced meals that provide patients with the nutrients they need to nourish their bodies during cancer treatments. All cancer patients and caregivers can benefit from this episode, as we learn that no step is too small to maintain good nutrition.
Mentioned on this episode:
- LLS PearlPoint Nutrition Services®
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Thin Blue Ride (ThinBlueRide.org)
- Stem Cell Transplant
- America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride – LLS Team In Training
- Shred for Red
Additional LLS Support Resources:
- Information Specialists
- Free telephone/web patient programs
- Free booklets
- Financial support
- Young Adult Resources
- Survivorship Workbook
- Caregiver support
- Clinical Trial Support Center
- Online chats
- LLS Community
- Support groups
- Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Program
- Free Nutrition Consultations
Support for this episode provided by: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.