Join us live from Miami, FL, as we talk about healthcare disparities and equity with Dr. Erin Kobetz of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and Seth Berkowitz, Director of Patient and Community Outreach at LLS.
In this episode, we discuss how organizations like Sylvester and LLS work together to address healthcare gaps and barriers that patients may face in accessing quality and affordable cancer care.
The diverse population in South Florida has provided opportunities for researchers, cancer advocates and community health workers to implement new, innovative programs with the goal of giving every person the same access to care.
Mentioned on this episode:
- Sylvester Community Advisory Committee
- National Cancer Institute
- LLS Blood Cancer Conferences
- The Paradox of Prevention – Geoffrey Rose
- Game-changer vehicles
- Medical Care for Undocumented People (En Español)
Additional LLS Support Resources:
- Information Specialists
- Caregiver support
- Free telephone/web patient programs
- Free booklets
- Financial support
- Young Adult Resources
- Survivorship Workbook
- Clinical Trial Support Center
- Online chats
- LLS Community
- Support groups
- Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Program
- Free Nutrition Consultations
Support for this program is provided by: Bristol Myers Squibb; Eli Lilly and Company; GSK and Pharmacyclics, An AbbVie Company & Janssen Biotech.