Join us as we speak to Dr. Richard Larson and Dr. Anand Patel from University of Chicago Medicine about chronic myeloid leukemia (CML). In this episode, they discuss the latest advances in treatment for CML and what is on the horizon.
With decades of progress with targeted treatments, CML patients are now given more hope of achieving deep remission and potentially discontinuing medication. A cure for an incurable disease may now be in sight.
Mentioned on this episode:
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors (TKIs)
- FISH test
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Cellular Therapies
- Instilling Hope Through Progress: Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
Additional LLS Support Resources:
- Information Specialists
- Free telephone/web patient programs
- Free booklets
- Financial support
- Young Adult Resources
- Survivorship Workbook
- Clinical Trial Support Center
- Online chats
- Caregiver support
- LLS Community
- Support groups
- Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Program
- Free Nutrition Consultations
Support for this episode is provided by University of Chicago Comprehensive Cancer Center.