Join us as we speak to Dr. Anand Patel and Dr. Satyajit Kosuri from The University of Chicago Medicine about the latest treatment advances for myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS). In honor of MDS Awareness Day on October 25th, the doctors discuss how MDS develops, why genetic mutations matter when choosing a treatment course, and how stem cell transplantation, targeted treatments and cellular therapies bring hope to MDS patients and their families.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Blubrry | JioSaavn | TuneIn | RSS | MoreCLICK HERE to participate in our episode survey.
Mentioned on this episode:
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Transplant Support and Graft-Versus-Host-Disease (GVHD) episode
- Patient-Doctor Perspectives: Hereditary Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
- Transplant Optimization Program (TOP)
- MyeloMATCH initiative
- CAR T-cell Therapy
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Cellular Therapies
- Graft-Vs-Host Disease
- Be The Match – Bone Marrow Donor Registry
Additional LLS Support Resources:
- Information Specialists
- Free telephone/web patient programs
- Free booklets
- Financial support
- Young Adult Resources
- Survivorship Workbook
- Clinical Trial Support Center
- Online chats
- Caregiver support
- LLS Community
- Support groups
- Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Program
- Free Nutrition Consultations
Support for this episode is provided by University of Chicago Medicine.
Love this resource!