Please join us as we speak to Dr. Shernan Holtan and guest co-host from LLS, Christina Neilsen. In this episode, Dr. Holtan discusses stem cell transplants; how they work, the different types of transplants, and the side effects, including graft-vs-host disease (GVHD).
Dr. Holtan shares exciting new research on reducing GVHD and provides blood cancer patients with hope as transplantations continue to improve and bring about potential cures.
Mentioned on this episode:
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant
- Graft-verses-Host Disease Fact Sheet
- CAR T-cell Therapy
- Clinical Trial Support Center
- Hope Lodge
- Posttransplant Cyclophosphamide
- Be The Match
Additional LLS Support Resources: