Join us as we speak to Nikki Steltenkamp, a young adult, non-Hodgkin lymphoma survivor. Nikki, an engineer, was 24 years old when she was diagnosed with primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma. In this episode, we hear about her intense treatments that finished up just as the world was entering a global pandemic. She also shares her experiences with mental health, fertility preservation and her podcast, That 6-Letter Word.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Blubrry | JioSaavn | TuneIn | RSS | MoreCLICK HERE to participate in our episode survey.
Mentioned on this episode:
- Primary Mediastinal B-cell Lymphoma (Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma)
- That 6-Letter Word Podcast
- Alessandra episode – That 6-Letter Word Podcast
- Livestrong Fertility
- Sexuality & Young Adult Cancer with Dr. Anne Katz
- LLS Young Adult Resources
Additional LLS Support Resources:
- Information Specialists
- Clinical Trial Support Center
- Free telephone/web patient programs
- Free booklets
- Financial support
- Online chats
- Caregiver support
- LLS Community
- Support groups
- Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Program
- Free Nutrition Consultations
Support for this episode provided by Karyopharm Therapeutics and Pharmacyclics.
I enjoyed listening to this podcast and would love to be a guest. I was diagnosed September 17, 2020, and in Remission as of March 23, 2021. I was diagnosed with Non-Hodkins B Stem Lymphoma Cancer.
Thank you for listening! We are so happy to hear that you are recently in remission. Will definitely keep you in mind as we are looking for new podcast guests.
Nikkis is a great story very well told. Good luck Nikki. Keep it going !!!